Saturday, March 28, 2009

First Day of Diet

Morning weight: 236.9

I took the drops, waited 10 minutes, then had a large cup of plain tea. I also had to eat a piece of fruit, which was the first meal of the day. I had a big rush, and this was a deviate from my normal work schedule in the morning, and I found myself having to slurp my tea quickly and shovel in my orange so I wouldn't be late. It was not pleasant, especially after my bad Ben and Jerry's night.

I had already cooked up my meals (3.5 ounces of organic fed chicken breast and 3.5 ounces of steamed broccoli, weighed before it was cooked). I sprinkled Herbamare salt on it all (which my doctor said was OK).

I had forgotten I had a lunch meeting, and found myself sitting with a group of frenemies, so it was a little awkward to pull out my little lunch pack instead of the (nice) banquet food from the meeting. And I also found myself having to explain myself to a group I really didn't want to invite into my private life. Maybe it was all the weird vibes with them, maybe it was my desire for privacy, maybe at some level it was self-hate and shame, but I didn't tell them I was doing Releana or going on a diet. I told them I was doing a cleanse and a fast. I didn't feel bad at the time (believe me, I felt much worse about having to sit at the table with them than I did about having to eat my little meal under the watchful eye of work frenemies). but I wonder, if I am really going for full health, if little lies are something that will hold me back? I don't want to be a liar about anything in my life. (I also don't want to be the kind of person who has frenemies at work, but mainly we are frenemies since I don't want to go along with some of their cruel and childish behavior towards other colleagues, I guess it's OK in this case). Still, I wish I didn't have to have my first Releana meal, on my first day of my Releana diet, in front of them. But it's done.

Three hours after lunch, time for my second fruit of the day. An apple this time (less messy at work). By this time I was pretty hungry. My stomach was rumbling. I didn't feel too well, but that may have had more to do with my company at lunch (who were at full cruel gossip speed). By dinner, more chicken and broccoli, I was pretty much crazy with feeling hungry. I picked up a caffeine-free diet soda on my way home at 8:00 and I drank a lot of water. But I really was crazy hungry all night. I tried to go to bed early because of the hunger, but I couldn't fall asleep easily.

Weight Thursday night: 237.4

No comments:

Post a Comment