Saturday, March 28, 2009

The First Three Days

I got several bottles of Releana, unmixed. I had to mix a bottle myself because I don't have regular access to the clinic where it was prescribed. Mixing it was easy. It comes as a powder in a little glass jar. The dropper bottle already had the mixer fluid in it. I just took the dropper and dropped the fluid into the powder bottle, then swished it around, and then droppered it back into the dropper bottle. I did it several times, and there it was, done.

For the first three days, there is no special diet. In fact, the only thing you are supposed to do is be sure to eat a lot of fat. The Releana apparently takes this time to get into your body, and since it signals for fat to be burned, it is important to eat a lot of fat during this time.

Monday, March 23, 2009: my first day of Releana. I weighed in at 238.2 pounds (OUCH!). I took the drops under my tongue and held them there for a minute. I could vaguely taste a slightly chemical taste of cherries. But it wasn't a bad taste. I paid attention to how I felt, but I didn't feel anything different. I went on about my day.

Between Monday and Wednesday, I kept up the Releana twice a day. I really didn't feel any different at all. I had a moment of madness Wednesday night, thinking about the strict diet to come, and I went out and bought a pint of Ben and Jerry's, and ate the whole thing instead of dinner, and then I felt sick all evening. Plus I woke up a number of times at night feeling sick. I guess it was my good-bye to sugar (and fat) for a while.

Wednesday night: 239.2

No comments:

Post a Comment