Monday, April 13, 2009

Check In: Three Weeks on Releana (17 days on diet)

It was nice to wake up this morning and weigh in at 216.0. That is almost exactly 20 pounds from the morning I started the actual diet (and 20 pounds in 17 days is pretty amazing!).

So to check in about how it's going: my body is in good shape, no saggy look or feel. Possibily even cellulite is being helped, because my legs feel pretty smooth. I'm mainly losing around my belly and torso, although I can see it in my arms and face too. I was worried about boob droop, but it hasn't seemed to happen. Releana promised to only hit the bad fat, and it seems to be working! My clothes are hanging off me, which is great (an excuse to go shopping!). My nails are perhaps a bit more brittle, as I've broken several recently. My hair looks fine and healthy, though. My skin looks good too, nice and soft. The best part is my energy and my mood. I feel really good and really positive, really happy even. While I'm hungry sometimes still, it isn't so bad anymore. And I feel like I have the energy to do what I want to do. Usually I'm crabby and tired when I'm dieting, and I typically hate myself. I just feel so relaxed and calm with this. And losing so much weight, so quickly, and so gently, is amazing!

I've got three more days before my 21 days are up (once you start this, it is dangerous to stop before 21 days). So three more days of the dieting, for sure, and I'll be deciding if I want to continue on past. I have the Releana I would need to keep going now. I'm also considering stopping now, stabilizing at this weight, doing a regular diet or just maintaining, and then doing Releana again at some point in the future to work down smaller. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I think I'm leaning towards staying on Releana for a while longer. There is an intense month of post-Releana diet and monitoring to be sure that weight stabalizes, and as long as I can be done with that by the start of July, I'm OK. The idea of another transition into the Releana diet is really awful. That transition is hard, and while I wish I was eating and socializing now, it seems better to stay the course for a while more. Plus, I'm still too heavy. So I'll probably keep going past the 21 days.

I'm becoming a major fan of Releana, and I find myself trying to work out how I can recommend it to some of my friends without getting too personal...

No comments:

Post a Comment