Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday, Darn that Beef!

215.8 this morning, representing zero loss in the past day. Disappointing. Since I ate beef yesterday, I'm thinking that might be the culprit. No more beef for me with Releana!

I'm about to get spend 3 days with my brother and my sister-in-law. They just moved to a new house and I want to help them unpack and move in, but I'm a little worried about energy. The thing is, I feel pretty energetic, but it's hard to imagine doing heavy lifting and unpacking and such while eating so little. Not to mention that it's a 3 hour drive in each direction. I guess I can only just do what I can.

The thing I'm more worried about is how my strange eating is going to go over. I hadn't told my SIL anything about this diet, and I have been worrying about what I was going to say to her. I was also worried about how I was going to deal with food while I was there. I finally decided to tell her this afternoon (I leave tonight). I didn't actually tell her about Releana, but I did tell her I was on a "crazy diet" to reset my metabolism. I think she's done enough crazy dieting not to think it was too strange. The problem was, before I talked to her, I still hadn't decided about what I was going to do about food. So then we had a long awkward conversation about food, where she offered to get food for me, and I said I'd go shopping and get it myself, and she said oh no, she insisted on getting food, and I starting thinking about how I was going to weigh it while I was there, and how uptight I was going to have to be, and it was just ugly. I finally decided that I would pack out my food for the next three days, and bring in up in little meal packs so all I have to do is open one up and eat. I can do that on my own schedule (as long as I can keep them all in their fridge). I'm thinking that maybe the meals for Saturday might not be so fresh, but as long as they aren't spoiled, I'll be OK. Plus, it's not like they live in the backwoods. I can go shopping if I need to. I'm sure I'll end up telling my SIL all about this, too, or maybe not, because just typing those words made me feel a little awkward.

Releana sure works, but the real strictness of it makes it incredibly hard to manage in public. Especially if you don't want your business being so out there in public!

No comments:

Post a Comment