Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Uh-oh

So am I getting crazy about this whole thing?

At my mini meal at lunch today (boiled chicken breast, 3.5 oz, and the same amount of mashed cauliflower), I noticed that the cauliflower tasted a bit off. I did cook it Sunday night, but geez, you'd think it would stay edible for longer than two days...

Anyway, I ate my little portion for lunch. But for dinner, at home, the smell of the cauliflower was again kind of bad. So I didn't eat it. I ate the chicken breast, but not the cauliflower. Now, I could have substituted another vegetable. And in fact, I have a nice fresh looking cucumber in my fridge for my meals tomorrow. But no, I did not cut into the cuke, or subsitute anything else. I actually was in that intense diet mind-frame, when I feel all intense about what I can cut out of any meal. And I had a little buzz of pride, too.

Now this is not good. I'm a woman on a strict 400-500 calorie a day diet, and I'm actually cutting food out of my meals? WHAT?

I must not get crazy. Really. And yet, here I am, as I'm typing this, thinking ahead to how much more weight I might have lost by tomorrow morning. And literally, I'm thinking it will be more than it was yesterday....

I really don't think I should be thinking like this--?

No comments:

Post a Comment