Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Frustrating Sunday

So my fears on weight loss were justified. I weighed in this morning at 215.6, only 0.2 down from where I was on Wednesday. I was really unhappy about it this morning. It just seemed ridiculously unfair to have been SO faithful to the diet and to get nothing out of it. I have to remind myself that 20 pounds is a pretty good thing. But still.

I decided to read some of the online message boards to see if I could get an idea of what might be going on. I read that when people stall, which apparently happens to everyone, they should go on an apple day diet. The apple day is a smaller amount of water and 6 apples total all day long. That sounds a little scary to me, but at the same time, I'm feeling pretty desperate to break out of this plateau. The message boards said it is pretty typical to lose between 2-3 pounds the next day, and to be back on track.

Of course, the other thing people were saying is that the pounds don't matter and that even when stalling, the inches keep coming off. I haven't been tracking that. But now I wish I had been all along. I can't say that I've noticed getting smaller in the past few days, but hopefully I have been.

I have the first day of class for a new semester tomorrow (and three hour classes every day for the next six weeks!). I don't know if I can handle the apple day and still make it through.

I guess, though, when I really think about it, each time I'm worried about energy (mental or physical) while on this diet, it turns out never to be an issue. So maybe I can do it? I think I'll wait until Tuesday, though, just to be sure I can make it through the first day of class...

The other sad sad thing I read on the message boards was that diet soda is bad bad bad. I sometimes feel like I'm making it through my day with diet soda. I really don't know how I could do this without it. Plus, I seem to be losing the weight, and feeling good, and looking good, so perhaps the diet soda isn't hurting this diet?

In any case, perhaps I'll try to cut back tomorrow. Tea only. And maybe that will help with this stall....?

I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment